Thursday, September 11, 2008

3 Appeals from Mr. Darcy's proposal

Ethos: "But disguise of every sort is my abhorrence.  Nor am I ashamed of the feelings I related.  They were natural and just."  I chose this quote to represent ethos because I think it represents Mr. Darcy's character.  He says he does not like to hide himself in lies, and wants to be truthful.  
Logos: "I have no wish of denying that I did everything in my power to separate my friend from your sister, or that I rejoice in my success.  Towards him I have been kinder than towards myself."  I chose this quote to represent logos because I think that it shows Mr. Darcy's reasoning skills.  He spoke calmly and he spoke the truth.  He was honest about what he felt and stuck with his decision.  He did not make an excuse even though he understands that his actions hurt his own cause.
Pathos: "In vain have I struggled.  It will not do.  My feelings will not be repressed.  You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."  I chose this quote to represent pathos because I thought Mr. Darcy was putting his emotions in the open, hoping that Elizabeth shared his feelings.

No comments: