Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Huck and Jim Dialogue

Jim:
Der Huck was.  I seen Huck and some other folk.  Der wer two other men in de canoe wid ‘im.  I seen dem talkin’. Dey wer lafin and it seemed deys wer havin’ fun.  Huck came up to de raft and told me dat der names was Bob and Tom. Dey seemed like nice fold.  Dey both started talking bout deir der lives. Dey both was homeless.  Dey asked Huck fo sum money wen he went walkin by dem in de town.  Huck didn’t have no money so he went and told dem to come stay on de raft wit us.  Dey wer very happy bout Huck doin dat fo em.  Dey sed dey’d help us get anyding dat we needed help wit.  Dey sed dey help get food and help us get down de river.  So I says to myself dat dey was gud folk and dat we sud let dem stay wit us on de raft.  Dey were mighty happy dat me and Huck was ta let dem stay wit us.  Den we started movin down de river and we was havin a great ole time together.  We was singin and talkin and drinkin on de raft.  We was havin such a gud time.  Huck done gud by bringin dese guys on de raft. 
De next day Huck and Bob and Tom went out into de next town cause we didn’t have any food left.  Dey went into de town and dey went round askin fo any food dat folks wud givem.  De town folk wer very kind folk.  Dey gave em sum food and water and even gave em sum money on the count dat Huck was wit dem and he looked so dirty and cause he was yung.  Den Huck and de other guys cam back ta wer I was on de raft. Dey had all de stuff wit em and I was so happy ta see all de stuff dey got from dey folks in de town.  We went back on de raft and started gwyne down de river sum mo so we cud get ta wer we needed ta go so I cud get back my fambly.  I was so happy to see de money cuz I needed mo money to try and buy em back.  I hoped dat dis all wud work.  I was so happy Huck was wit me now.  He wer de only real fren I gots.  He wer de reason I was still tryn ta get back my fambly.
Huck:
Life on the raft is better than life anywhere else I have lived before.  I could live free as a bird and no one was there to tell me to do nothin.  Me and Jim was best of pals.  He didn’t care much for what I did as long as it wasn’t gettin us into no trouble.  Life was mighty easy.  We could sleep all day and stay up all night.  We weren’t gettin into any real trouble.  We got along just fine.  Me and Jim only argued about silly things like the starts and where we reckoned they were from, and things like that, and by and by we got along with out lives.  
There were times when we did get into trouble, but we always got out of it.  Like the time when we was on the river and the steamboat was comin right for us and they couldn’t see us in the night.  Jim and I paddled so hard that I thought my arms were gwyne to fall right off.  We almost got run over, but the steamboat missed us.  Course Jim went and said we got into that trouble on the count of the snakeskin, but Jim always went around sayin that when we got into any trouble.  Me and Jim got into and out of loads of trouble together.  We was a good team.  There was another time that we almost got arrested cause some folk thought I was harboring a runaway slave.  I had to try and tell’em that Jim was no slave.  I said he was the closest thing to family I got cause my family was killed by Tom Sawyers gang.  I couldn’t think of no other name of a gang.  I told ‘em that Jim saved me and we had to go down the river to escape the gang and to find us a new place to stay.  
Jim and me was great together.  I hope he gets the money he needs to get his family back.  He is a good fellow so I reckon he will do it.  Maybe I’ll even try prayin for him cause maybe this will be the thing that my prayers will be answered for.  

No comments: