Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Unflattering Story

High school is not easy for everyone.  A lot of people struggle throughout the years spent there. Others thrive during their high school years.  It is said it is the most fun that you have in your life.  For some it is the time that they try the hardest to forget.  Not everyone is lucky enough to have a solid four years in high school.
My high school time has been well spent so far.  I have had good grades and have rarely had any problems with anyone.  I have been lucky, but it has not been perfect.  There are always actions that you have preformed that you would want to have back.  
Last year during basketball I had an average season.  I preformed well under the radar.  Our team was very successful and made a lot of hustle plays.  One of the biggest hustle plays was when I dove for a loose ball and broke my nose.  I was bleeding profusely from my nose.  I had no idea what had happened to me.  I really do not remember the play at all.  All I remember was hitting the ground and seeing the blood flowing from my nose.  This was the least of my issues.
My head was rocking the rest of the night.  I said some ridiculous things to people.  I was talking to everyone like they were my best friends.  I believe I was even having conversations with some of the teachers present at the game.  They were not like a normal conversation between student and teacher.  I most likely embarrassed myself and said things I would regret. 
As usual they started to play the national anthem before the varsity game.  I was sitting with a few of my friends from the team.  We were talking as usual and stood up when we heard the announcement.  As we stood they had trouble with the audio system.  I thought it would be a great time to start singing out loud in front of everyone.  I have an awful voice.  I greatly embarrassed myself.  I vaguely remember this happening but I was the laughing stock of the team for the next few practices.  I only wish I had really thought through my action before I preformed it.  

No comments: