Friday, October 17, 2008

My Endings to the intros

1.) The sound of a bone cracking is an awful sound.  Hearing a scream soon after is worse.  Hearing the words, "We need you to really step up now" is even harder to hear.
This is what i heard after the last scrimmage before my freshman year started.  I thought I had no shot to play that year, and I was fine with that.   After that day my thoughts were changed.   I was the back-up to Bobby, and on the last play before I was supposed to go in the unthinkable happened.  All I hear was a scream and when I looked at the field all I saw was Bobby crawling out of a pile with his leg hanging down.  It was one of the most awful sights I had ever seen.
2.)"Andy, come in here I need to talk to you."  My mom was never home from work so early.  Her eyes were red from crying.  I knew something terrible had happened.
I knew right away what was wrong. My grandfather had been battling cancer for a 
while now. I knew at that time that he had died. My whole stomach dropped. I didn't
want to believe what I was hearing. My grandfather had died and I felt like my whole life
had changed. I never wanted to feel that way again.
3.)"Bang."  I hit the floor with a thud.  I touched my face with my hands and saw nothing.  The next time i saw my hands they were soaked with blood.
I had never bled so much in my life. I had dove for the loose ball and had a knee struck
my face. I quickly checked for blood and saw none.  The next time I looked down my hands
and arms were covered in blood.  Blood was pouring out of my nose. I didn't know what to
do.
4.)"Wow she's cute.  Good job Andy."  That was the first time my family ever excepted a girl I brought home.
My parents always find a way to criticize the girl that I like.  This time was different.  After they met Nicole I expected to hear some kind of criticism, but I heard none.  I was happy, but more surprised by this.  I love my parents to death, but they are judgmental.  I thought something was wrong, but I couldn't have been anymore mistaken.  They genuinely enjoyed being around her.  That made me more happy than I have ever been before.  
5.) My mouth had a terrible taste.  I had just gotten sick.  When I looked down I was not in the bathroom.
I felt so embarrassed to walk into my cousin's room and tell her what happened. It 
was the first time I had ever slept at my cousin's apartment in New York. I had eaten too 
many cookies before I went to sleep, and my stomach was not happy. I woke up in the 
middle of the night with an awful feeling in my stomach. I walked to where I thought the
bathroom was and threw up. When I looked down i was not standing over a toilet, but a 
stove.

No comments: