Thursday, October 23, 2008

Letter from Nature to Humanity (1)

Dear Humanity,

            What are you doing to me?!?!  My life has been changing for me over the past few centuries.  The main cause of this change is due to the change in your lifestyle.  Everything that you do in your daily life affects me and you tend to forget this.  Your lives affect mine, no matter what you are doing. 

            Many people do not realize how much I have been changing.  Over the years your technology has been advancing.  You have invented cars, airplanes, boats, and buses.  It has made your lives a lot easier, but has devastated me.  All the fumes that these vehicles are giving off are destroying me.  They make it hard to breathe and are helping to pollute the air and the water, which also affects every part of me.  There are fish and animals completely dying off due to this pollution.  Why are you doing this? Couldn’t you think of a safer way to transport yourself from place to place? 

            Another prime example of you slowly destroying me is your development of cities everywhere.  You find an area you think would be good for a settlement and slowly creep in and destroy the wildlife around you.  This is not right.  Eventually you are going to take away all the land for the animals, and the trees.  Without those two, you couldn’t survive.  You need to start thinking before you act.

            I hope you use this letter as a warning.  You still have time to change your ways, and I can see that beginning to happen.  There are better vehicles that emit cleaner gases.  This is a very important step into bettering your lives, and mine.  Keep up with the progress.

                                                              Sincerely,

Nature

No comments: