Sunday, October 26, 2008

Letter from Animal to You (3)

Dear Andy,
I know we haven’t really been talking lately but now are the time.  I’m not feeling the same as I used to.  I’m getting so old.  I used to love to play fetch with you and now I feel like I can barely move.  Life is harder than it used to be.
I age differently than you.  I grow older at a pace seven times as fast as you do.  It is not easy.  I feel like crap everyday.  I can barely get up and down, never mind walk up and down all the stairs in the house.  I know I shouldn't, but I hate being alone downstairs.  Everyone is always upstairs.  I just have to be with you guys.  It’s my job to stay by your sides, but it gets harder every day.
I know I have made your lives difficult lately.  I cannot do the things I used to be able to do before.  I wish I could.  It’s hard for me to do anything now.  I love you all for putting up with me during this time period.  I feel sick, and you have been taking care of me.  I thank you.
I feel as if I do not have a lot of time left with you anymore.  I am about 100 years old now (14 human years).  My time is running out.  I want to spend my last few years happy.  I do not want you all to be mad at me for what I do.  I know I make a mess of everything now and I promise that if you give me the chance I will try my hardest to change for the better.  I really do love you for everything we have done with each other over the years.  I cannot explain the feelings I have for you.
Love man’s best friend,
Bosco

No comments: