Friday, October 17, 2008

Lu Li's cliff hangers continued

1. I looked at the clock – it was already 4am. “I hate myself,” I murmured, “this needs to be stopped!” 
I had to stop doing this to myself.  Every night I i thought about what I could have done differently.  I could have been a better person.  I could have been nicer to him.  I could have shown my true love for him.  I was afraid, and now all I have to look back on is the bracelet I threw, still laying on the floor.  Why did it have to come down to this?

2. “Oh Lord, please help me…” I closed my eyes, but tears still burst out… 
I sat in my room crying, m y mother trying to comfort me.  It wasn't helping.  The tears just kept pouring out of my eyes.  I thought that night would never end.  I had lost my closest friend.  She had died early the previous morning.  When i woke up i still felt the cold tears still falling from my face.  My life would never be the same.

3. I walked into the classroom …and I walked out of the classroom with a long streak of tears on my cheek. 
"I can't believe that just happened" I said with tears running down my face as i was running to my locker.  My teacher humiliated me in front of the entire class.  I had forgotten to do my reading and we were being asked questions.  I tried to BS my way around the topic, but i knew my teacher understood I did not do the assignment.  What i didn't know was what would happen next.  It would be the worst day of school in my entire life.

4. Time is ruthless, I have to say, because it can change a person you know well to a totally stranger.
 We had been friends for so long.  I cannot understand what had gone wrong.  For eight years we were the best of friends.  Everyday it seemed we were at each other's house.  We spent countless hours together.  People eventually thought we were even family.  How can one summer change a person like that?  

5. I wanted to turn around and look at them for the last time, but I didn't have the courage to do that – I was afraid that if I turned around, I would never be able to walk away by myself.
I saw my friends for the last time before i was forced to move.  I hated my parents for this.  I love my friends.  I had a good life.  Why did things have to change?  Right then I realized that My life would be completely different.  I would have to start a new life in a new place.

No comments: