Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Forgiveness Letter

Dear Andy,
For the longest time I have felt this pain that has never gone away.  It has finally subsided, at least enough to express my feelings about the situation.  I have kept my feelings inside for too long and I feel the need to express them to you now.  
There have been times where I have looked back on this situation, and have been crushed on the inside.  For years I had to put up with the way you have treated me.  There are times where you and I get along, but sometimes I feel that you should treat me with more respect.  I am a person with feelings, and it may not be obvious but some of the things you say, even if you are trying to make a joke, hurt.  I do not hate you for this, it is only human nature.  I do however feel bad about everything that has happened between us.
I love you.  You are my older brother.  I look up to you.  It may not show all the time, but you are very important to me.  When you put me down like you sometimes do, it hurts.  I do not know how to feel.  You knock me down but I understand now.  It is not out of hatred.  You do not do it to hurt but to poke fun.  It has made me a better person.  I have grown stronger from what has happened.  You have helped me greatly, even when you weren’t trying to.  I feel like I may be treating Michael in the same way.  Hopefully he will pull out the same goods as I have.  I forgive and understand what has happened.
Love your brother,
Nick

No comments: