Sunday, October 26, 2008

Letter From Your Body Part to You (4)

Dear Andy,
You seriously messed me up.  I’m never going to be the same again.  Thanks dumb ass.  You couldn’t have taken a play off.  You fractured me and continued to play. What were you thinking?!  If you had taken a play off maybe I wouldn’t be broken!  Nice job.  I hope you’re happy.
I know that you love playing football, and it is hard for you to stop, but you have to realize how it affects all of you.  Every time you step on the field I hurt, and I know other parts of you feel the same pain.  Your shoulder is still in pain from your freshman year where you conveniently didn’t tell anyone about the pain until after football season was over.  Your head and neck are always sore from your helmet.  Your legs are constantly sore from the running you do, and your arms are always cut up and bruised from the beatings you take at practice.  Why do you put yourself through this almost everyday?  It is stupid.  You should quit and get healthy.
I know you will never do that so my luck is out.  I just hope you will take it easy on me.  I have a crack from side to side.  I will never be able to be straight again.  I am swollen so much bigger than your other pinky.  It sucks so badly.  Every time you try to make a fist I hurt.  Every time you pick something up, I hurt.  Any time you use your left hand, I hurt.  Please let me heal.  I don’t want to be hurt for the rest of our life.  It is not fair to me.  Just because you want to do something I have to suffer.  It is just not fair.  Please take what I have said into consideration.
Sincerely,
Your Left Pinky

No comments: