Monday, October 13, 2008

Unflattering Aspect Story

Life is not easy for everyone.  People have to deal with many things in life that do are not favorable for them.  People have to use what they are given, and develop it in a way to benefit from it.  Not everyone can change themselves for the better.  Others are adept in the situation.  There are definitely times in my life that I feel I have used my skill sets in both cases.  I love being right, if you are wrong I let you know you are.  There are times when I make jokes about people in a way trying to be funny but do not take into account what their feelings are.  I am not a bad person.  I sometimes do not think everything through.
The time in my life where this is most prevalent is when I am at home.  I love my family.  They are the closest people to me.  I love them so much and feel so comfortable with them that there are certain times when I do treat them more casually than I should.  My brothers get the worst of it.  
I have lots of fun with my brothers.  We play sports and games with each other all the time.  When one of us makes a mistake the other two usually go after whoever made the mistake.  That is how life is.  My youngest brother usually is the one who receives the load of the jokes.  It is not his fault.  He is younger and just not as smart or athletic as we are, but there are times where I make fun of him regardless and do not take into consideration his feelings.
This happens mostly around other people.  I feel like I have to make a joke of his mistakes around others to make everyone laugh.  If those people were not around I probably would not be making that joke.  He has lost in games to me a thousand times.  We are usually alone so I do not make fun of him.  There are always those times when another person is in the room and I feel the need to rub it in his face.  This happens often.  It will be him and a few friends in the room.  I will win and make fun of him.  I will call him names and make him upset just to get laughs.  I do not show that I care for him at these times.  It is not right.  He storms off and makes a scene and instead of apologizing we tend to make another joke.  This happens a lot, not just in my family but in many others also.  
I feel bad looking back at these times.  I feel the need to apologize or make up for these actions.  I try and I feel like I succeed in making him feel better almost every time I make him upset.  It is a bad thing to make fun of others, but a good thing to know when you are wrong.  Admitting you are wrong is the first step towards making things good.  Good things are what life is based around and the more good things or qualities you surround yourself with, the better your life will be.

No comments: